About the Day School
Our preschool program of education is provided in a Christian environment which emphasizes the development of the total child to his/her fullest potential. The school serves children from infants to 4K and also offers an After School Adventures program for our 3K and 4K students. We are open September through May and offer two weeks of summer camps in July. The Day School provides the foundation for success in Kindergarten. We strive for a partnership with each family and their child.
What the Day School Has to Offer
- Specific lessons and activities for the 2K classes utilizing the Abrams Learning Trends curriculum Mrs. W's Word Workshop, which is a precursor to The Letter People curriculum and introduces letters, colors and new vocabulary through weekly stories
- Specific lessons and activities for the 3K and 4K classes utilizing the Abrams Learning Trends curriculum The Letter People
- Bi-weekly Chapel with our church pastors for Older 2s, 3s and 4s
- Bi-weekly Music with our Director of Music Ministries for Older 2s, 3s and 4s
- Activities geared toward the developmental characteristics of each age group
- Development in language, fine and gross motor activities, music, art, reading and math
- Constant effort to further enhance our children's intellectual capabilities
- Beautiful new playground. Indoor gym for inclement weather days
- Snacks provided
We are open Monday-Friday, 9:45am-1:00pm. The 3s and 4s students enrolled in AfterSchool Adventures are escorted by their teachers directly to those programs, which are held from 1:00pm-1:45pm. We generally follow a regular school year calendar and observe the same closures for holidays and teacher work days. The first day of school is usually the Wednesday following Labor Day. The last day of school is usually the Wednesday before Memorial Day.
Teacher:Student Ratios and Enrollment
Infants: M-F (or any combo) 2:8
Toddlers: M-F, MWF, or TTH 2:8
Twos: M-F, MWF or TTh 2:12
Threes: M-F or MWF 2:14 (*must be completely potty trained)
Fours: M-F 2:14 (*must be completely potty trained)
Class enrollment is based on the child's age on September 1st of that school year.
We accept enrollment year-round, based upon availability.
In order to register, submit the following:
- Completed Registration form
- Registration Fee of $130 must accompany form
- Current immunization record
- Must be current with tuition, including fees (current students only)
2018-19 Rates and Fees
Annual Family Registration Fee: $130
Annual Supply Fees:
3K: $65/child for Supply and In-School Enrichment Programs
4K: $75/child for Supply, Field Trip and In-School Enrichment Programs
2 Days/Week: $200/month
3 Days/Week: $230/month
5 Days/Week: $265/month
Tuition and Fees Payments:
JWUMC offers a secure site that allows you to set up automatic payments from your checking, savings, or credit card accounts. You may make a one-time payment or set up recurring scheduled payments. While we offer the credit or debit card option, the cost to the Day School for processing transactions from credit/debit cards is significantly higher than a direct transfer from your checking or savings account. Please consider making donation with your Tuition payment to reimburse the Day School for the convenience of this service.
Interested in Enrollment? Taking a tour?
If you are interested in enrolling your child at John Wesley UMC Day School, please schedule an appointment with Day School Director Caroline Gore by emailing her at email@example.com or by calling the Day School office at 843-766-3396.