About the Day School
Our preschool program of education is provided in a Christian environment which emphasizes the development of the total child to his/her fullest potential. The school serves children from infants to 4K and also offers an After School Adventures program for our 3K and 4K students. We are open September through May and offer two weeks of summer camps in July. The Day School provides the foundation for success in Kindergarten. We strive for a partnership with each family and their child.
What the Day School Has to Offer
- Specific lessons and activities for the 2K classes utilizing the Abrams Learning Trends curriculum Mrs. W's Word Workshop, which is a precursor to The Letter People curriculum and introduces letters, colors and new vocabulary through weekly stories
- Specific lessons and activities for the 3K and 4K classes utilizing the Abrams Learning Trends curriculum The Letter People
- Bi-weekly Chapel with our church pastors for Older 2s, 3s and 4s
- Bi-weekly Music with our Director of Music Ministries for Older 2s, 3s and 4s
- Activities geared toward the developmental characteristics of each age group
- Development in language, fine and gross motor activities, music, art, reading and math
- Constant effort to further enhance our children's intellectual capabilities
- Beautiful new playground. Indoor gym for inclement weather days
- Snacks provided
We are open Monday-Friday, 9:45am-1:00pm. The 3s and 4s students enrolled in AfterSchool Adventures are escorted by their teachers directly to those programs, which are held from 1:00pm-1:45pm. We generally follow a regular school year calendar and observe the same closures for holidays and teacher work days. The first day of school is usually the Wednesday following Labor Day. The last day of school is usually the Wednesday before Memorial Day.
Teacher:Student Ratios and Enrollment
Infants: M-F (or any combo) 2:8
Toddlers: M-F, MWF, or TTH 2:8
Twos: M-F, MWF or TTh 2:12
Threes: M-F or MWF 2:14 (*must be completely potty trained)
Fours: M-F 2:14 (*must be completely potty trained)
Class enrollment is based on the child's age on September 1st of that school year.
We accept enrollment year-round, based upon availability.
In order to register, submit the following:
- Completed Registration form
- Registration Fee of $125 must accompany form
- Current immunization record
- Must be current with tuition, including fees (current students only)
2017-18 Enrollment Dates and Rates & Fees
January 23-27: Re-enrollment for current students and siblings
February 6, 2017: Open enrollment for new students commences at 9:45 am
2017-18 Rates and Fees
Annual Family Registration Fee: $125
Annual Supply Fees:
3K: $65/child for Supply and In-School Enrichment Programs
4K: $75/child for Supply, Field Trip and In-School Enrichment Programs
2 Days/Week: $195/month
3 Days/Week: $225/month
5 Days/Week: $260/month
2017 Summer Camp Information
CAMP I: July 10-14, 9:45 am - 1pm
Explore a world of wildlife! Little ones will learn about various critters through stories, crafts and songs!
ALL ABOUT ME CAMP
CAMP II: July 17 - 21 9:45 am - 1pm
Your little one will explore what it means to be created in God’s image through stories, crafts and songs!
SERVING AGES 18 months - 5 years
2017 Summer Camp Fees:
$145 per session
‘Early Bird’ discount: $135 per session if registered by 05/24/17
Multi-camp/Sibling Discount: Receive $10 off each camp registration if you register for multiple camps
In order to be registered:
1) Registration form completed
2) Registration Fee must accompany form
3) Current immunization record submitted
Tuition and Fees Payments:
JWUMC offers a secure site that allows you to set up automatic payments from your checking, savings, or credit card accounts. You may make a one-time payment or set up recurring scheduled payments. While we offer the credit or debit card option, the cost to the Day School for processing transactions from credit/debit cards is significantly higher than a direct transfer from your checking or savings account. Please consider making donation with your Tuition payment to reimburse the Day School for the convenience of this service.
Interested in Enrollment? Taking a tour?
If you are interested in enrolling your child at John Wesley UMC Day School, please schedule an appointment with Day School Director Susan Murrell by emailing her at email@example.com or by calling the Day School office at 843-766-3396.